capoeira agora members' competition: march 2014
Roda é boa
The competition is open to all Capoeira Agora members who train regularly.
Please see the competitions' rules and conditions which must be met to claim the prize.
- Reply true or false to the following questions, and if it's false gve the correct answer:
- a. Berimbau violinha commands the roda.
- b. When you sit in the roda and just watch the game, you can leave the roda at any time and you can chat to other people in the roda.
- c. Violinha plays São Bento Pequeno rhythm, Berimbau Medio plays São Bento Grande rhythm, and Gunga plays the Angola rhythm.
- d. Bateria is what we refer to people sitting in the roda and clapping.
- e. Atabaque doesn't play during the ladainha.
- How do we call the main place in the roda, where is it and what is the exact translation into English (please give both possible names)?
- Who has the privilege to open the roda by playing the very first game and why?
What happens when the arame breaks during the roda?
6th April 2014
An additional to your regular training Capoeira Agora 90 minutes class of your choice in April to be used by the end of April. See full rules and conditions below.
- To be considered for the prize draw:
- the answers must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date (please email with the 'March 2014 competition' in the subject line)
- you must be a Capoeira Agora member with a valid membership at least till the end of the competition prize month (April)
- you must be regularly training and take part in at least four classes in both competition (March) and the prize (April) months.
- The winner will be chosen randomly in the draw in the class on 7th Apr 2014.
- The prize is for the Capoeira Agora member in addition to their current training and cannot be deducted from any other classes, passes or workshops payments.
- The prize is non-transferable to another month or another person – it is for the winner to encourage additional training.
- For holders of our monthly pass, the class can be used within two weeks after your pass expires.
- Competition closing date: 6th April 2014 (midnight).
For more information on upcoming classes and events or if you have any other queries, please contact Capoeira Agora via email, phone or post and we will get back to you soon.
If you have any further questions about our classes please email email@example.com or call on 07977 151 362.